Hi there, this post is getting a lot of attention. Please let me know down in the comments if this has helped you!
BEFORE YOU START PANICKING AND FREAKING OUT LIKE I DID please try the following! These steps got our SharePoint site’s navigation back up and running within 5 minutes.
- Navigate to Central Administration > Application Management > Manage Services on Server
- STOP the Managed Metadata Web Service
- START the Managed Metadata Web Service
- Navigate to Site Settings > Navigation on the site with broken Managed Metadata Navigation
- Change the Global Navigation and Current Navigation to Structural Navigation then click on OK
- Navigate back to Site Settings > Navigation
- Change the Global Navigation and Current Navigation to Managed Navigation and re-select your navigation Term Set again then click on OK
Managed Metadata Navigation should be back up and running again.